Residential Warranty of Interstyle GLASS TILE (July 2016)
Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. will warrant from the original date of installation material that fails due to any manufacturing defect when fabricated and installed by a GLASS TILE Certified Fabricator. This warranty applies to the repair or replacement of failed material that has been permanently installed in your residence. The option to repair or replace the material is at the sole discretion of Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd.
This Residential Lifetime Warranty is available only to the original owner of a single-family residence in which GLASS TILE has been originally installed. In the case of a newly constructed single-family residence, this warranty is available to the “first” owner purchasing the residence with GLASS TILE permanently installed and is transferable according to the terms and conditions stated below.
Terms and Conditions
This warranty applies to product that was installed after February 15, 2008.
- This warranty applies only to Interstyle GLASS TILE materials and does not apply to any other products, including other glass surfacing products manufactured or supplied by any other party, except Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd.
- This warranty applies only to Interstyle GLASS TILE materials that have been permanently installed in the interior of single-family residences and have not been moved from their original installation. If after or during installation you decide that you do not like the color or finish you selected, that decision is not covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover any residence where the owner is not the occupant.
- This warranty does not cover materials and/or services that have not been paid in full.
- This warranty applies only to materials that have been maintained according to the Interstyle Care & Maintenance guidelines. Care & Maintenance guidelines are available at https://interstyleglass.com/glasstile/care-and-maintenance/.
- To request service under this warranty you must contact the company who sold you Interstyle or contact Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. directly at (800) 667-1566 within thirty (30) days of the failure of Interstyle glass surfacing materials.
- Following installation, you must register your product within thirty (30) days in order to activate your warranty. Simply complete the online form made available at https://interstyleglass.com/glasstile/glass-tile-warranty-registration/. In the event that no record of your warranty is on file, you must provide proof of purchase in the form of a copy of your original receipt or invoice showing the name of the Owner, Authorized Dealer and Interstyle Certified Fabricator. Upon receipt of your original receipt or invoice showing the name of the Owner, Authorized Dealer and Interstyle Certified Fabricator, Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. will fully honor this warranty even though no warranty is on file. You must agree to cooperate with Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. or its authorized agents in the inspection of the product and assist us in efforts to perform our obligations under this warranty.
- This warranty is transferable under the following conditions: The original or first owner must have initially registered the warranty with Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. as specified in item F. The original or first owner must submit to Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. in writing the name, address and phone number of the new owner. The new owner will receive a prorated 10-year limited warranty, which is prorated from the original date of installation. In no event will the transferred warranty exceed ten (10) years from the date of the original installation.
- In the event that Interstyle GLASS TILE materials fail due to a manufacturing defect, Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. will, at its sole discretion, repair or replace such materials. Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. will seek to obtain the best possible result, whether we decide to repair or replace your installation. However, exact color match is never guaranteed. All decisions regarding this warranty are at the sole discretion of Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. No representative, dealer, salesperson, distributor, fabricator or any other person is authorized to make any warranty or promises on behalf of Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. with respect to Interstyle glass surfacing products.
- This warranty does not cover use for any commercial purposes. Commercial use includes but is not limited to, use in a store, rental properties, office or any other place of business.
- This warranty does not cover products installed in any outdoor application.
- This warranty does not cover products used as flooring material.
- This warranty does not cover improper use or abuse. Improper use or abuse includes, but is not limited to, damage from mishandling of the product, damage from excessive heat or uneven exposure to weather conditions, physical or chemical abuse and damage from improper care and maintenance.
- This warranty does not cover chips or other excessive impact damage in the product.
- This warranty does not cover scratches. Interstyle GLASS TILE is a very hard material and highly scratches resistance but not scratch proof. Proper care must be exercised including the use of a cutting board as part of your care and maintenance.
- This warranty does not cover routine maintenance. Routine maintenance includes but is not limited to, minor conditions such as removing stains and water spots by following the techniques specified in the Interstyle online Care & Maintenance Guidelines at https://interstyleglass.com/glasstile/care-and-maintenance/.
- This warranty does not cover failures due to fabricators/installers not following the prescribed fabrication and installation procedures as outlined by Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd. Improper fabrication and/or installation is the sole responsibility of the fabricator and/or installer.
- This warranty does not cover any defects that were visible at the time of fabrication and were not avoided during fabrication. Fabricators are required to perform a visual inspection of all materials prior to fabrication and again prior to installation.
- This warranty does not cover seam appearance or seam performance, adhesives, caulk or other accessory items. Once the product is installed, the two main reasons for seam separation or cracking are the shifting or movement of the substrate, cabinets or foundation, and thermal shock. Thermal shock can occur when a hot pan, dish or other receptacle or object is left on the countertop for more than a brief period. Trivets or hot pads should always be used. These issues are not considered material defects and are subject to proper care and maintenance by the owner.
- This warranty does not cover any chemical damage.
- This warranty does not cover any creative use of the material including bending or curving.
- This warranty does not cover material that has been milled or reduced in thickness.
- This warranty does not cover the installation of sinks.
- This warranty does not cover securing mechanical fasteners directly into the material.
- This warranty does not cover any failures due to inadequate support for the installation.
This includes overhangs in excess of the recommendations provided by Interstyle, which are inadequately supported.
- This warranty does not cover any chips or cracks that are a result of “dry” cutting or polishing.
- This warranty does not cover chips or cracks that are a result of not following the minimum requirements for edge details.
- This warranty does not cover mitered edges or where the joint is not cut correctly.
- This warranty does not cover the altering of any factory-applied finish. Only colors listed as available in our brochure, sample book or on our website as “honed” are eligible under this warranty. Any issues arising from the practice of “in-shop” honing are the sole responsibility of the fabricator.
- This warranty does not cover additional modifications such as plumbing, electrical, tile, cabinets, flooring, etc. that may be necessary to repair or replace the Interstyle product covered under this warranty.
- This warranty does not cover natural variations in the color, size, shape and distribution of the pattern of the natural fired glass or the natural variations in background tone. These characteristics are inherent and unique characteristics of the product. Color samples provided to consumers, dealers and fabricators are only representative and not an exact replication of what will be installed in your home.
- This warranty does not cover what is referred to as spots or blemishes smaller that a ten (10) cent piece. A certain level of spots or blemishes are inherent in the manufacturing process and do not affect the structural integrity of the material.
- Interstyle materials contain important product information on the back of each slab. Removing this product information will void the warranty.
Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd is not responsible for damage or injury caused in whole or in part by acts of God, job site conditions, and architectural/engineering design, and structural movement, acts of vandalism or accidents.
Interstyle Ceramic & Glass Ltd shall not be responsible in either contract or tort for any loss of direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, special, exemplary, or punitive damages arising out of the use or the inability to use the products covered by this warranty. Some jurisdictions do not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
THE FOREGOING IS THE COMPLETE WARRANTY FOR INTERSTYLE GLASS TILE AND SUPERSEDES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN. EXCEPT AS EXPRESSLY SET FORTH ABOVE, NO OTHER WARRANTIES ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO INTERSTYLE GLASS TILE AND INTERSTYLE CERAMIC & GLASS LTD. EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES NOT STATED HEREIN, INCLUDING, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTY THAT MAY EXIST UNDER NATIONAL, STATE, PROVINCIAL OR LOCAL LAW INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOME PROVINCES OR STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Interstyle and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Interstyle, or by the posting by Interstyle of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by the laws of the Canada, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in British Columbia. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in British Columbia, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; Interstyle may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.